Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gallery Hop Featured Artist

Marianne Lannan, owner of the Lamp Shade (http://www.thelampshade.com/store/) located in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio has invited me to again be her featured artist for the May 2 Gallery Hop ... Thank You, Marianne!!!

I will be setting up my display on Friday (May 1) and hope to see some of you during the Hop. The Lamp Shade is located at the corner of 2nd Avenue and High Streets (across from the Flower Child vintage store and a public parking lot).

The photo included with this post is of a pendant featuring a beautiful high fire ceramic cabochon made by Helen O'Donnell (http://www.embroideredsoul.com/) who used fresh sage to create the imprint. I used a combination of glass Japanese seed beads, ceramic Greek rounds, and Czech faceted glass beads to create the pendant piece. A combination of unglazed Bulgarian and Greek ceramic beads were used to create the necklace.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    My ceramic pieces are never quite complete until you take your talented hand to them! I am honored that you use my cabs in your beautiful creations, because your sense of design inspires me and makes my work sing. Thank you!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete